OCR + Text Detection Workshops
Build Your Own OCR + Text Detection Application
Tuesday, May 10th, 2022 @ 11am - 1pm ET (8am - 10am PT)
*Limited spots available
OCR (Optical Character Recognition) and Text Detection are a key component in modernizing business workflows across all industries by detecting text from images to extract information into machine readable data.
Get certified in building your own text detection application in this hands-on 2 hour workshop. You will learn how to enhance any application with text detection easily with cnvrg.io and AI Blueprints. In this workshop we will cover inference and training examples of text detection and ways it can solve common business problems. When you leave this workshop, you will have built a system that can detect text within images that can be used downstream to a web application. You will also learn how to apply text detection for your own business use case, whether that is translating documents, invoices, nutrition labels, or even detecting text on objects such as license plates. In this workshop you will build a text detection system alongside the instructor, get hands-on support and earn a certificate for building text detection systems.
- How to build and deploy an end-to-end text detection system using a single-shot object detector
- What are different text detection use cases that you can apply to help your business
- How to prepare a dataset using labeling
- How to implement text detection to improve and streamline your business processes
- A ready-to-use ML application that can be deployed to solve a real business problem
- Hands-on support from expert AI instructors every step of the way
- Anyone that completes this course will earn a Text Detection Certificate and badge that can be shared on Linkedin, Twitter, and other social media platforms
- A software developer, domain specific business user, or analyst with some programming/scripting background
- You should have familiarity with Python and REST APIs
- No experience creating models necessary
- The latest version of Zoom
- We will provide the dataset for the workshop example, however if you wish to try this out with your own data we will also cover how you can apply this example to your own data.